- China’s Belt & Road
Initiative: Changing the Rules of Globalization, edited by Wenxian Zhang, Ilan Alon and Christoph
Lattemann, Palgrave Macmillan, 2018, 358 pages.
- China Through American Eyes:
Early Depictions of the Chinese People and Culture in the US Print Media, World Scientific Publishing, 2018, 504 pages.
- 《美国画报上的中国：1840-1911》, 北京大学出版社 (China Visualized by Americans: 1840-1911, Peking University Press), 2017, 458 pages.
- 《阳光灿烂的冬季》, (A Winter in the Sunshine, with Maurice O’Sullivan and Yiqi
Yu, Shanghai University Press), 2012, 336 pages.
- Entrepreneurial and Business Elites of
China: Chinese Returnees Who Have Shaped Modern China, with Henry
Wang and Ilan Alon, Emerald Group Publishing, 2011, 272 pages.
- A Guide to the Top 100 Companies in China, with
Ilan Alon, World Scientific Publishing, 2010, 313 pages.
- Biographical Dictionary of New Chinese
Entrepreneurs and Business Leaders, with Ilan Alon, Edward Elgar
Publishing, 2009, 269 pages.
- A Trip to Florida for
Health and Sport: The Lost 1855 Novel of Cyrus Parkhurst Condit, with Maurice O’Sullivan, Florida Historical Society Press,
2009, 149 pages.
- Rollins Architecture: A Pictorial Profile of Current and Historical Buildings, with Eneid Bano and Charles Stevens, Rollins College,
2009, 151 pages.
- Walk of Fame: A Rollins
Olin Library, Rollins College, 2004, 132 pages.
SELECTED RESEARCH ARTICLES
and Sport in the Florida Sun: The Rollins/Ohio Wesleyan Football Game of 1947,”
with Raja Rahim and Julian Chambliss, Phylon: The Clark Atlanta University
Review of Race and Culture 56:2 (Winter 2019), 59-81.
Up Against Racial Discrimination: Progressive Americans and the Chinese
Exclusion Act in the Late Nineteenth Century,” Phylon: The Clark Atlanta
University Review of Race and Culture 56:1 (Summer 2019), 8-32.
in Florida: History, Struggles and Contributions to the Sunshine State,” in Far East and Down South: Asians in the
American South, edited by Raymond Mohl, John Van Sant & Chizuru Saeki, University of Alabama Press, 2016, pp.
- “Returnees as Political Elites: A Growing Social Force in
China,” in Entrepreneur and Talent Management
from a Global Perspective: Chinese Returnees, edited by Huiyao Wang and
Yipeng Liu, Edward Elgar, 2016, 33-51.
- “Chinese State-Owned Enterprises Go Global,” with Ilan
Alon, Hua Wang and Jun Shen, Journal of
Business Strategy, 35:6 (November 2014): 3-18.
- “Internationalization of Chinese Entrepreneurial Firms,” with
Ilan Alon, Orly Yeheskel and Miri Lerner, Thunderbird
International Business Review, 55:5 (September/October 2013): 495-512.
- “Reaping the Benefits of Brain Circulation: The Impact of
the Overseas Study and the Returnees on the Development of the Management
Education in China,” in Innovation in
Business Education in Emerging Countries, edited by Ilan Alon, Victoria
Jones and John McIntyre, Palgrave Macmillan, 2013, 208-221.
- “The Case
of Florida Splendid China,” in Chinese
International Investments, edited by Ilan Alon, Marc Fatcherin and Philippe
Gugler, Palgrave Macmillan, 2012, 329-354.
Domestic and Returnee Female Entrepreneurs in China: Is There an Internationalization
Effect?” with Ilan Alon, Everlyne Misati and Tonia Warnecke, International Journal of Business &
Globalisation, 6(3/4), 329-349, 2011.
Exploratory Case Study of High-Profile Female Entrepreneurs in the Chinese
Economic Reform,” with Ilan Alon, International
Journal of Current Chinese Studies, No. 1 (2010), 27-44.
- “Tao of
Downfall: The Failures of High-Profile Entrepreneurs in the Chinese Economic
Reform” with Ilan Alon, International Journal of
Entrepreneurship and Small Business, 11:2 (2010), 121-134.
- “A Preliminary Study on the Factors
that Contributed to the Downfall of High-Profile Entrepreneurs during the
Chinese Economic Reform,” with Ilan Alon in Thirty Years of China’s Economic Reform: Institutions, Management
Organizations and Foreign Investment, edited by Yue Wang and Prem Ramburuth, Nova Science
Publishers, 2010, 3-16.
- “The Rise
of Female Entrepreneurs in China”, with Ilan Alon in Thirty Years of
China’s Economic Reform: Institutions, Management Organizations and Foreign
by Yue Wang and Prem Ramburuth, Nova Science Publishers, 2010, 139-152.
- “Doing Business in Asia,” with
Ilan Alon and Robert Moore in Handbook of Research on Asian
Entrepreneurship, edited by Léo-Paul
Dana, Mary Han and Isabell M. Welpe,
Edward Elgar, 2009, 387-411.
- “Yellow Register Archives of Imperial Ming China.” Libraries and the
Cultural Record, 43:2 (2008), 148-175.
- “Is There a Role for the Library in a Student-Faculty
Collaborative Research Program?” College
& Undergraduate Libraries, 15:3 (2008), 341-356.
- “Documenting Liberal Arts Education from a
Faculty’s Perspective: Rollins College Oral History Archive,” with Corey
Schreck and Lily Velez, College &
Undergraduate Libraries, 14:2 (June 2007), 25-38.
- “A Splendid Idea Turned Sour in Florida: The Rise
and Fall of the Florida Splendid China,” Florida Historical Quarterly, 84:3 (Winter 2006):
- “Florida’s Splendid China,” Orlando Magazine (December 2006):161-165.
- “Building a Qualified Team of Management
Consultants: The Professional Training and Certification of Management
Consultants in China,” with Yenming Zhang in Business and Management
Education in China: Transition, Pedagogy and Training, edited by Ilan Alon
& John McIntyre, World Scientific Publishing, 2005, 271-297.
and Structure of the Chinese Thesaurus for Subject Indexing,” International
Library and Information Review 36 (2004): 47-54.
- “Dangan: A
Brief History of the Chinese Imperial Archives and Its Administration.” Journal
of Archival Organization, 2:1/2 (2004): 17-38.
- “Tabula Rasa: Helping
Students Confront the Dreaded Research Paper,” with Barry Levis, in Fiat
Lux: Teaching in Paradise, edited by Maurice J. O’Sullivan, Winter Park:
Angel Alley Press, 2004, 151-155.
- “Developing Web-Enhanced Learning for Information
Fluency: A Liberal Arts College’s Perspective.” Reference & User
Services Quarterly 41:4 (Summer 2002): 50-57.
- “Building Partnership in Liberal Arts Education:
Library Team Teaching at Rollins College,” RSR:
Reference Services Review 29:2 (2001): 141-149.
- “Fire and Blood: Censorship of Books in China.” International
Library Review 22 (1990): 61-72.