- China Through American Eyes:
Early Depictions of the Chinese People and Culture in the US Print Media, World Scientific Publishing, 2018, 504 pages.
- 《美国画报上的中国：1840-1911》, 北京大学出版社 (China Visualized by Americans: 1840-1911, Peking University Press), 2017, 458 pages.
- 《阳光灿烂的冬季》, (A Winter in the Sunshine, with Maurice O’Sullivan and Yiqi
Yu, Shanghai University Press), 2012, 336 pages.
- Entrepreneurial and Business Elites of
China: Chinese Returnees Who Have Shaped Modern China, with Henry
Wang and Ilan Alon, Emerald Group Publishing, 2011, 272 pages.
- A Guide to the Top 100 Companies in China, with
Ilan Alon, World Scientific Publishing, 2010, 313 pages.
- Biographical Dictionary of New Chinese
Entrepreneurs and Business Leaders, with Ilan Alon, Edward Elgar
Publishing, 2009, 269 pages.
- A Trip to Florida for
Health and Sport: The Lost 1855 Novel of Cyrus Parkhurst Condit, with Maurice O’Sullivan, Florida Historical Society Press,
2009, 149 pages.
- Rollins Architecture: APictorial Profile of Current and Historical Buildings, with Eneid Bano and Charles Stevens, Rollins College,
2009, 151 pages.
- Walk of Fame: A Rollins
Olin Library, Rollins College, 2004, 132 pages.
“Chinese State-Owned Enterprises Go Global,” with Ilan
Alon, Hua Wang and Jun Shen, Journal of
Business Strategy, 35:6 (November 2014): 3-18.
- “Internationalization of Chinese Entrepreneurial Firms,” with
Ilan Alon, Orly Yeheskel and Miri Lerner, Thunderbird
International Business Review, 55:5 (September/October 2013): 495-512.
Domestic and Returnee Female Entrepreneurs in China: Is There an Internationalization
Effect?” with Ilan Alon, Everlyne Misati and Tonia Warnecke, International Journal of Business &
Globalisation, 6(3/4), 329-349, 2011.
Exploratory Case Study of High-Profile Female Entrepreneurs in the Chinese
Economic Reform,” with Ilan Alon, International
Journal of Current Chinese Studies, No. 1 (2010), 27-44.
- “Tao of
Downfall: The Failures of High-Profile Entrepreneurs in the Chinese Economic
Reform” with Ilan Alon, International Journal of
Entrepreneurship and Small Business, 11:2 (2010), 121-134.
- “Yellow Register Archives of Imperial Ming China.” Libraries and the
Cultural Record, 43:2 (2008), 148-175.
- “Is There a Role for the Library in a Student-Faculty
Collaborative Research Program?” College
& Undergraduate Libraries, 15:3 (2008), 341-356.
- “Documenting Liberal Arts Education from a
Faculty’s Perspective: Rollins College Oral History Archive,” with Corey
Schreck and Lily Velez, College &
Undergraduate Libraries, 14:2 (June 2007), 25-38.
- “A Splendid Idea Turned Sour in Florida: The Rise
and Fall of the Florida Splendid China,” Florida Historical Quarterly, 84:3 (Winter 2006):
and Structure of the Chinese Thesaurus for Subject Indexing,” International
Library and Information Review 36 (2004): 47-54.
Brief History of the Chinese Imperial Archives and Its Administration.” Journal
of Archival Organization, 2:1/2 (2004): 17-38.
- “Developing Web-Enhanced Learning for Information
Fluency: A Liberal Arts College’s Perspective.” Reference & User
Services Quarterly 41:4 (Summer 2002): 50-57.
- “Building Partnership in Liberal Arts Education:
Library Team Teaching at Rollins College,” RSR:
Reference Services Review 29:2 (2001): 141-149.
- “Web vs. CD-ROM: Providing Access to
Electronic Databases in a Liberal Arts College,” Chinese Librarianship: An
International Electronic Journal 5 (June 1998).
- “Fire and Blood: Censorship of Books in China.” International
Library Review 22 (1990): 61-72.